There are so many delicious ways to enjoy fresh pesto. Stir it into sautéed green beans, mix it into a salad dressing, add a dollop to your scrambled eggs, or spread it on a pizza or sandwich. And, of course, there’s always pesto pasta.
- 1/2 cup pine nuts (or substitute walnuts for a little something different)
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2-4 garlic cloves (how garlicky do you like it?), finely grated
- 6 cups of basil leaves (about 3 bunches)
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Toast the pine nuts (or walnuts) on a baking sheet until golden brown (be sure to toss at least once). This should take 5-7 minutes. After the pine nuts cool, place them in a food processor and add the cheese and garlic. Pulse until finely ground. Add the basil and pulse again until fully blended. Slowly pour in the oil until smooth (about 1 minute). Season with salt.