Who wants to spend a lot of time in the kitchen on a hot summer day? Pasta salad is the perfect summer meal. Simple to make, easy to transport (i.e., dinner or lunch at the lake), and makes for a great leftovers!
Here’s a tried-and-true recipe from the WFM recipe archives:
- 8 oz prepared basil pesto
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 8 oz. pitted black olives
- 12 oz fresh or smoked mozzarella, cubed
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, diced
- 8 oz shredded parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 bag bow tie pasta, cooked (any shape)
Combine pesto and mayo to make a creamy dressing. Toss all ingredients together and combine well; chill. Before serving, bring to room temperature. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper (note: if serving outdoors, on a hot day, omit mayonnaise. Increase pesto to 12 oz and thin with olive oil if necessary).
Serves 10 as a side dish.