As much as we love a simple, no-frills burger, with nothing but a slab of cheese and a slice of tomato, there’s so much more you can do with this summer favorite. A few additional ingredients can turn your typical burger into a culinary masterpiece!
Just in time for burger season, our culinary team has created four original burger recipes that are anything but traditional. Each week in July during “Elevate Your Burger” we’ll be bringing you another one to add to your summer barbecue repertoire.
This week’s burger recipe, Sandie’s Greek Turkey Burger, is brought to you by Sandie Hamel of our Waterbury culinary team!
- 1 lb Misty Knoll turkey meat
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 1 Tbsp oregano
- 1 Tbsp thyme
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 Tbsp pepper
- 1 jar Divina Kalamata Spread
- 1 tub Maplebrook Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 1 jar Stonewall Kitchen Garlic Aioli
- Romaine lettuce
- Sundried tomatoes
- Add all the spices to ground turkey and mix well.
- Divide into 4 patties.
- Grill to medium well or well done, depending on taste preference.
- Toast bun lightly and coat bottom half of buns with kalamata spread.
- Add burger and top with crumbled feta, romaine lettuce, and tomato slices.
- Add a slice of onion and pepperoncini slices.
- Coat top of bun with garlic aioli.