We all have one thing in common here at the Market: We love food! So the weeks leading up to Thanksgiving are particularly exciting, as we start thinking and talking about what we’ve got planned for the big day. If you’re looking for ideas, we’re happy to share!
Here’s a recipe created by Kyle, our meat and seafood buyer. He’s been making it for years, and a few of us are planning on giving it a try this season.
Prep time: 45 minutes (or according to Kyle, a beer and a half)
Oven time: Until dish reaches 165 degrees
What You’ll Need
- 1 lbs Green Mountain Smokehouse sage bulk sausage
- 1 package Green Mountain Smokehouse maple breakfast links
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 quart chicken stock (or turkey stock)
- 1 loaf Klinger’s bread (white, wheat, or anything but rye)
- 2 sticks butter
- 3 eggs
What to Do
- Brown sage sausage in a deep sauce pan. Don’t drain the fat.
- Once close to fully cooked, add onion and celery to the cooked sausage and cook until tender.
- Add the 2 sticks of butter and half the chicken stock.
- Add bread (cut into 1-inch pieces) and mix thoroughly.
- Add stock until thoroughly moist. Season thoroughly with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and let cook for 10 minutes.
- Mix in 3 eggs and place in greased casserole pan.
- Brown maple breakfast links, but don’t cook completely.
- Place links on top of casserole dish.
- Cover with foil.
- Place in oven at 375 degrees for 35 minutes (or until the dish reaches 165 degrees;) remove foil for 15 minutes.