Beautifully curated cheese boards are the focal point of any holiday gathering. Plus, we love them because they’re super easy to make and are customizable to the size and food preferences of your guests.
The key to a great cheese board is having a variety of flavors, textures, and colors. You’ll build your board around a mix of cheeses: hard, soft, and blue. Then add in a few sweet and savory pairings, and voila! The perfect holiday appetizer.
To make the process even easier, our resident cheesemongers have created four signature cheese board recipes that you can replicate hours before your next social event.
In the spirit of the season, Jesse Newton-Ward, Woodstock’s prepared foods manager, put together this classic cheese-board filled with his “favorite things” at the Market!
Please note: Our product offerings vary between our two stores. If a product on this list isn’t available at your local store, please speak to a Farmers’ Market employee to help make subsitutions.
Jesse’s “My Favorite Things” Cheese Board
Serves 6-8 people
- Parmigiano Reggiano
- Jasper Hill Cabot Clothbound Cheddar
- Vermont Creamery Herbed Chevre
- Of course, no holiday cheese-board is complete without our own baked brie en croute, with spiced raspberry jam!
- Babette’s Table Spicy Sopressata salami
FRUITS & VEGGIES
- Red anjou pears
- Natural Harvest Garlic Dill Pickles
- Potlicker Kitchen Pineapple Habanero Jelly
- Our own zata’ar hummus
- Divina Fig Spread
- Northwoods Apiaries Creamed Honey
- Klinger’s baguette (for toasted crostini)
- Stonewall Kitchen’s Rosemary Parmesan Crackers
- Tamari almonds (If you can’t find them on the shelf, never fear! Simply soak some raw almonds in tamari, spread them on a sheet pan, and roast under a watchful eye in the oven for 10-15 minutes, cool and enjoy!)
- Castelvetrano Olives