Beautifully curated cheese boards are the focal point of any holiday gathering. Plus, we love them because they’re super easy to make and are customizable to the size and food preferences of your guests.
The key to a great cheese board is having a variety of flavors, textures, and colors. You’ll build your board around a mix of cheeses: hard, soft, and blue. Then add in a few sweet and savory pairings, and voila! The perfect holiday appetizer.
To make the process even easier, our resident cheesemongers have created four signature cheese-board recipes that you can replicate hours before your next social event.
You’ll love the mix of flavors and textures in “Geoff’s Ultimate Cheese Board,” created by Geoff Desimone, a kitchen associate at our Waterbury store.
Please note: Our product offerings vary between our two stores. If a product on this list isn’t available at your local store, please speak to a Farmers’ Market employee to help make subsitutions.
Geoff’s Ultimate Cheese Board
Serves 10-12 people
- Vermont Butter and Cheese Cremont
- Consider Bardwell Farms Pawlet
- Jasper Hill Bayley Hazen Blue Cheese
- Blue Ledge Farm Plain Chevre
- Vermont Farmstead Sip of Sunshine Alehouse Cheddar
- Green Mountain Smokehouse Pepperoni
- Vermont Salumi Bresaola
- Underground Meats Wisco Old Fashioned Salami
- Blake Hill jams (pick your flavors)
- However Wild Honey
- Blood orange segments and raspberries
- Mixed marinated olives
- Red peppadew peppers
NUTS & CRACKERS
- Mitica Marcona Almonds
- Castleton Crackers