Beautifully curated cheese boards are the focal point of any holiday gathering. Plus, we love them because they’re super easy to make and are customizable to the size and food preferences of your guests.
The key to a great cheese board is having a variety of flavors, textures, and colors. You’ll build your board around a mix of cheeses: hard, soft, and blue. Then add in a few sweet and savory pairings, and voila! The perfect holiday appetizer.
To make the process even easier, our resident cheesemongers have created four signature cheese-board recipes that you can replicate hours before your next social event.
Here’s your chance to find out what the guru himself, Nick Becker—our cheese manager in Woodstock, puts on his holiday cheese board!
Please note: Our product offerings vary between our two stores. If a product on this list isn’t available at your local store, please speak to a Farmers’ Market employee to help make subsitutions.
Nick’s Monger’s Medley Cheese Board
Serves 6-8 people
- Vermont Creamery’s Bonne Bouche, a bloomy goat cheese
- Four Fat Fowl’s St. Steven, a triple-cream cheese
- Von Trapp Farmstead’s Mad River Blue, a natural rind blue cheese
- Jasper Hill Farm’s Alpha Tolman, an alpine-style cheese
- Molinari & Sons’ Salametti Secchi salami
- Palacios’ Original Chorizo salami
- Broadbent’s Peppered Country Bacon
- Firehook Sea Salt Crackers
- Nairn’s Original Oat Grahams
- Castleton’s Alehouse Cheddar Crackers
- Halved fresh blackberries
- Fresh green grapes
- Medjool dates
- Dried apricots
- Dalmatia’s Original Fig Spread
- Blake Hill Preserves’ Apricot with Orange and Honey
- Truffliest’s Truffle Honey