We all love a good burger, especially during grilling season. But what about a GREAT burger? It only takes a few extra ingredients to Elevate Your Burger. Our WFM culinary team has created several original—and absolutely delicious—burger recipes to bring your go-to summer meal to the next level.
Over the next few weeks we look forward to sharing these mouth-watering “Elevate Your Burger” recipes with you.
This week’s burger recipe, Kyle’s Carmie Burger, is brought to you by our fearless meat & seafood manager.
- Your favorite bun, toasted ( Kyle prefers Brioche or a Portuguese muffin)
- 80/20 Northeast Raised Ground Beef Burger, seasoned with salt and pepper, grilled to your preferred temperature
- Terrapin Ridge Farms Hot Pepper Bacon Jam
- Jasper Hill Farm Bayley Hazen Blue Cheese
- Local ripe tomato, sliced
Ingredients for Kyle’s Carmies (recipe below)
- 2 large Vidalia onions, julienned
- 1 Tbsp high-temperature cooking oil
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 shot balsamic vinegar
Kyle’s Pro Tip: Try using other liquids to deglaze the onions for different flavors and for different dishes. My favorites are bourbon, beer, wine, hot sauce, or even mustard.
How to Make Kyle’s Carmies
- Place oil In medium-heat saute pan.
- Place onions in pan, and add salt.
- Stir constantly until onions are soft and turn a light brown color.
- Keep stirring.
- When onions are soft, deglaze pan with a shot of balsamic vinegar, add butter, turn off heat.
- Stir until butter is well mixed.
Putting Together the Burger
- Spread a layer of Terrapin Ridge Farms Hot Pepper Bacon Jam on bun.
- Top the burger with Jasper Hill Farm Bayley Hazen Blue Cheese, Kyle’s Carmies, a slice of tomato, and a handful of arugula.