Our version of Bombay Slaw incorporates harvest-fresh veggies and fruit— cabbage, carrots, and apples—with sweet and tangy Asian flavors for a refreshing fall meal.
- A few cups of shredded green cabbage
- 2 cups carrots grated
- 2 cups celery, julienned
- 3 green apples, julienned
- 1 cup currants
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- ½ cup blend of sesame and olive oils
- ½ cup cider vinegar
- 1 t. salt
- 1 t. pepper
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ cups additional blended oil
- In a large bowl, combine green cabbage, carrots, celery, apples, currants, and coconut.
- Sauté curry powder and ½ cup of oil. Add to vegetable mixture.
- In a mixing bowl, blend the cider vinegar, salt, pepper, brown sugar, and additional olive oil.
- Adjust seasoning and add to vegetables.
Toss and enjoy!