Simple fruit desserts. One of the things to love about summer.
Take advantage of the local blueberries and fresh peaches that just came in the door. (And thanks to our pre-made Farmers’ Bakehouse shortcakes, you won’t even have to turn the oven on!)
- 4 cups fresh sliced peaches (we have a ton right now!)
- 1 pint fresh blueberries (local berries are here)
- Pre-made Farmers’ Bakehouse shortcakes (located in the front of the store, near the strawberries)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 3 tablespoons almond liqueur (optional)
- Garnishes: confectioners’ sugar, coarsely chopped toasted pecans, fresh mint sprigs
- Stir together peaches, blueberries, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, and ground nutmeg; cover and chill.
- Beat 1 cup whipping cream and 3 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Stir in 3 tablespoons almond liqueur, if desired.
- Split shortcakes in half. Spoon fruit mixture on bottom halves of shortcakes; top with remaining halves and a dollop of whipped cream. Garnish, if desired.