Here at the Market, we celebrate local food all year long. But in July and August, we really put on our party hats! Our local farmers and producers are in and out of the store, bringing in fresh produce and new exciting products every day.
Local Food Is Love kicks off next week—our annual celebration of the amazing things coming out of our neighbors’ farms and kitchens this time of year (and the people who make it happen). Around here, our farmers and producers are celebrities. We look forward to sharing their stories and products with you.
Here’s what you can look forward to:
- Weekly farmer/producer spotlights: Every week we’ll share the stories of our local farmers and producers who fill our baskets and bellies with wholesome, delicious foods. We’ll post one or two spotlights every week on our blog and share them with you here.
- Demos and specials: Check out our monthly flyer (available at the registers) Calendar of Events for tastings and promotions on local products.
- Recipes featuring seasonal ingredients: We’ve compiled some of our favorite “Eat Like a Local” Farmers’ recipes to help you celebrate summer’s culinary delights. Recipes will be posted every week on our blog (and shared in this e-blast), as well as on handy-dandy cards in the grocery section of the store.
- Giveaways: We’ll host a couple of Love Food Is Love giveaways on Instagram. Not following us? Connect with us here.
- “Local” and “Housemade”: Look for signs throughout the store spotlighting our many local and housemade products.