Who doesn’t love a good kale salad? This super nutritious and delicious leafy green is packed with vitamins A, K, and C. And when you’ve got freshly harvested strawberries and radishes to toss in … well, there’s no better way to celebrate early summer!
Kale, strawberries, and radishes are in season right now in Vermont. So don’t miss out on this delicious medley!
Here’s one of our favorite kale salad recipes:
Kale Salad with Strawberries and Radishes
For the salad:
- 1 medium bunch of kale (or 8 cups chopped)
- 1/2 pound strawberries, sliced
- 5-6 radishes, thinly sliced and then chopped
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese (or feta)
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans
- Optional: 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- Optional: 1-2 avocados, diced
For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (you could also use honey)
- 1/4 cup unfiltered apple cider vinegar*
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 minced garlic cloves (1/2 teaspoon)
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
*Why unfiltered versus “regular” apple cider vinegar? Unfiltered vinegar has a bolder, more apple-y flavor and tons of health-promoting properties.
What to Do
Place all ingredients in a mason jar and shake until blended (or mix in a bowl and transfer to a serving dish).
Add of the other ingredients to the bowl (strawberries, radishes, goat cheese, pecans, and onion and avocado, if desired) and toss.
Slowly combine dressing (use only as much as you like) with salad ingredients.
Toss and enjoy!