May 31, 2019
Dear Farmers’ Market Friends,
Over the years, you guys have been incredible. Through fire in 1992, the downturn in 2008, and Irene in 2011, you’ve seen us through the tough times. We’re now in an exciting period of growth and I’d like to share with you an out-of-the-box “fundraising” campaign. We’re calling it the Friends of Waterbury Farmers’ Card program.
As you know, our latest move is to grow our brand in Waterbury. We are shooting for a late-June opening. We have dreamed of expanding for many years, and with Irene well behind us, the Waterbury Center property was an opportunity too good to pass up.
Of course, it takes working capital to operate a new store. So, we’ve put together a shopping card program—like the Irene Card—that we think will be a win-win for everyone. For a limited time, we’re offering our best customers the opportunity to purchase a Farmers’ Card and receive a special discount at the register. (The Farmers’ Card is a prepaid account for customers who wish to have the flexibility of shopping without credit cards or cash. It’s like a gift card but we keep a secure account and record of your spending. Typically, there are no discounts associated with the card, which is what makes this program so special.)
There are two exciting discount options for this limited-time campaign:
- With a $3-5.9K investment onto a Farmers’ Card, you’ll receive a 5% discount on all purchases. Your discount ends whenever that amount is met. Plus, we’ll throw in the following incredible Farmers’ Market goodies:
- 5 free sandwiches
- Free coffee on Fridays
- A Farmers’ Swag Bag: a “Totes Local” grocery sack with a hat, coffee travel mug, regular coffee mug, pint glass and stickers.
- With a $6-10K investment onto a Farmers’ Card account, you’ll receive a 10% discount on all purchases AND we will extend the 10% discount for an additional year, even after your initial investment of wonderful WFM produce, cheese, prepared food, plants and groceries is long gone. We would start the additional year of discounting whenever your initial investment is completed. And there’s no minimum dollar amount required when you re-up. You’ll also get the following amazing freebies:
- 10 free sandwiches and 10 free cookies
- Free coffee on Fridays
- A Farmers’ Swag Bag
- “Dinner for Two” from our Farmers’ Kitchen—more details to come
Here is the fine print:
- In order to keep credit card fees from spiraling out of control, I am asking a huge favor: Rather than pay by credit card, we are requesting payment by check. If, in this modern world, you don’t write checks, let us know and we can figure something out.
- This offer is not valid for online shopping and is not available for purchase online like our regular Farmers’ Card program.
- This is a limited time offer: We are capping the program at $100K.
- If you’re ready to “rock and roll,” fill out the application form below. You can drop off your check and application form between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. at our offices in our Next-Door Bakery and Admin Building (The Red Door Building, next to the Farmers’ Market), or mail it to:
Woodstock Farmers’ Market
Attn: Steve Moyer
979 Woodstock Road
Woodstock, VT 05091
- If you are one of our original House Accounts (you know who you are—you get a bill every month), you don’t need to fill out the Farmers’ Card Application. Just come on by with a check and we’ll create the discount on your Account.
- Have questions or would like more information? Please call me or Steve Moyer, our CFO, at 457-3658. Press 0 and ask for either of us. I am available by cell anytime except Liam bedtime (8 p.m.) at 802-356-4609, or by email at email@example.com. Steve or I are available anytime to discuss in person.
- For those who just recently signed up for a Farmers’ Card or re-upped it, don’t worry. If you have interest in this offer, let us know and we can arrange for you to add the difference to your card in order to meet whichever minimum you choose to qualify for this deal.
I appreciate you entertaining this limited Friends of Waterbury Farmers’ Card offer. I realize there are many pressures on your time and capital. We thought this would be a great way for you to save a little and at the same time help us with some of our start-up needs in Waterbury.
Trying to reach all our great customers is hard. Feel free to forward this letter to another great Farmers’ Friend. We’re sending out an old-fashioned letter to those for whom we don’t have email addresses.
Thanks for listening and for being a part of our Farmers’ family.
Downloadable application form: