OUR COVID-19 PLAN
Steps we’re taking to protect you and our staff
Updated on April 22, 2021
- We are now allowing a maximum of 35 customers in our Woodstock store and 15 in Waterbury. We are still actively monitoring numbers of customers in each location. Note: As an essential business we are not required to monitor the number of customers. This is something we’re doing, at this time, for your safety and comfort.
- In Woodstock, a front door staffer will continue to welcome guests. However, during times when the store isn’t busy, such as weekday mornings, you are welcome to enter the store without checking in. You will see this message on signage at our front door.
- When the store reaches a maximum of 35, during busy times such as weekends, we will be asking folks to queue up at the front per our original Covid-19 policies. We will let you know when we get to this number.
- We will continue to clean baskets each day but will not be sanitizing them after each use. We will continue to provide you wipes and gloves if you so desire.
- Sanitizing your hands is now optional. Sanitizer will still be available at the front door for your convenience.
- We have installed an anti-viral air filtration system with NASA and MLB (Major League Baseball) seals of approval in both Woodstock and Waterbury locations.
We continue to take all Covid-19 state and federal regulations very seriously. Here are the protocols we’ve been following for the past year.
The same values that have guided us over the past 29 years continue to light the way as we navigate the COVID-19 crisis. We remain committed to:
- Protecting, in whatever ways we can, the health and safety of our customers, staff, and greater community.
- Supporting our employees.
- Continuing to provide essential goods, like groceries and produce, to our community.
Since the onset of the COVID-19 crisis, we have continued to make changes to operating procedures based upon new information and recommendations from state and federal agencies. We will continue to do so. Please keep an eye to this page for future updates.
- All shoppers, employees, and vendors are required to wear a mask or face covering while in the store and Garden Center at our Woodstock location. If you forget to bring a mask, we have masks available at the door.
- We ask that customers remain 6 feet apart from others at all times. Look for the bright yellow floor decals at our store checkout as a reminder.
- Plexiglass dividers have been constructed along the deli counter and in the checkout area, as added protection for customers and staff.
- ActivePure air purifiers have been installed in both stores. Here’s an interesting article about how the technology works.
- We are monitoring the front door to ensure that we do not exceed a capacity of 35 customers at one time.
- We ask that you make your visit as speedy as possible to allow your neighbors to enjoy the market, too.
- We sanitize baskets and all surfaces inside the store, including the registers and coffee station, regularly throughout the day.
- We ask that you only touch the items you’re planning to buy.
- In Woodstock: We are open for both in-store and curbside shopping. For everyone’s safety, we’re limiting the number of customers in the store at a time. Hand sanitizer is available at our safety & sanitation station near the front doors.
- In Waterbury: We are open for in-store shopping. Curbside shopping is NOT available at this time. Hand sanitizer is available when you enter the store. Markers on the floor will remind you to maintain social distancing when shopping and checking out.
Behind the scenes, we will continue to follow all CDC and Vermont Department of Health guidelines.
- All staff must complete a VOSHA training on health and safety requirements.
- All Farmers’ Curbside runners and pickers, cashiers, and meat & fish staff are required to wear gloves.
- Staff are required to social distance 6-feet apart when eating lunch in the break area.
- No congregation of staff allowed; when huddling for impromptu meetings, staff must stand 6 feet apart.
- No open samples of food allowed in the public areas.
- All tasks are continually evaluated and isolated when possible to one person every 6 feet.
- All hand sanitizers are labeled and kept filled.
- You’re welcome to bring your reusable bags. Otherwise, fresh paper bags will be used for each customer.
- Staff must wash hands and use hand sanitizer often, especially when entering and leaving the building.
- At night all surfaces are sanitized with CDC-approved cleaner, floors are mopped, and phones and computers are sanitized.
- Each employee is required to take their own temperature at the start of shifts and record that information in a log. Thermometers are available at the staff entrance.
- The Garden Center is open for customer shopping. Customers are required to wear masks and sanitize hands before entering the Garden Center.
- If a staff member does not feel well, they are required to LEAVE THE PREMISES and stay home following all CDC guidelines. If a staff member tests positive for COVID-19, they are required to self-quarantine for 14 days and all employees who worked in close proximity to that staff member also must self-quarantine for 14 days. We will follow all CDC and WHO guidelines.
- We are paying close attention to all state requirements for businesses. If you’re interested, COVID-19 Guidance for Food and Lodging Establishments continues to be updated with current information and resources.
Unable to shop in person? We invite you to use our Farmers’ Curbside service (available at our Woodstock location) in lieu of visiting the store.