OUR COVID-19 PLAN
Steps we’re taking to protect you and our staff
Updated on Feb. 23
If you have been traveling, you must quarantine per state guidelines before you enter the store. If you have any questions about shopping and traveling, please err on the safe side and check the state website. Please use our Farmers’ Curbside service (available at our Woodstock location) in lieu of visiting the store.
We ask for your patience and kindness when visiting the Market. Thanks in advance for your cooperation during this trying time for all.
The same values that have guided us over the past 29 years continue to light the way as we navigate the COVID-19 crisis. We remain committed to:
- Protecting, in whatever ways we can, the health and safety of our customers, staff, and greater community.
- Supporting our employees.
- Continuing to provide essential goods, like groceries and produce, to our community.
Since the onset of the COVID-19 crisis, we have continued to make changes to operating procedures based upon new information and recommendations from state and federal agencies. We will continue to do so. Please keep an eye to this page for future updates.
- All shoppers, employees, and vendors are required to wear a mask or face covering while in the store and Garden Center at our Woodstock location. If you forget to bring a mask, we have masks available at the door.
- We ask that customers remain 6 feet apart from others at all times, whether waiting in line or shopping in the store. Look for the bright yellow floor decals at our store checkout as a reminder.
- Plexiglass dividers have been constructed along the deli counter and in the checkout area, as added protection for customers and staff.
- We ask that you make your visit as speedy as possible to allow your neighbors to enjoy the market, too.
- Every basket and cart will be sanitized by a member of our sanitation team before use.
- We sanitize all surfaces inside the store, including the registers and coffee station, regularly throughout the day.
- We ask that you only touch the items you’re planning to buy.
- In Woodstock: We are open for both in-store and curbside shopping. For everyone’s safety, we’re limiting the number of customers in the store at a time. At this time we can only accommodate 1-2 household members at a time during busy times. Please be ready to limit your party. Queuing will take place outside the front door. Please look for a WFM greeter and clear markers that will show where to stand while you wait to enter. We’re also requiring all customers to use hand sanitizer before entering the store. This will be available at our safety & sanitation station near the front doors. You will not be able to enter the store without doing this.
- In Waterbury: We are open for in-store shopping beginning Feb. 24. Curbside shopping is NOT available at this time. Hand sanitizer will be available when you enter the store. Markers on the floor will remind you to maintain social distancing when shopping and checking out.
Behind the scenes, we will continue to follow all CDC and Vermont Department of Health guidelines.
- All staff must complete a VOSHA training on health and safety requirements.
- All Farmers’ Curbside runners and pickers, cashiers, and meat & fish staff are required to wear gloves.
- Staff are required to social distance 6-feet apart when eating lunch in the break area.
- No congregation of staff allowed; when huddling for impromptu meetings, staff must stand 6 feet apart.
- No open samples of food allowed in the public areas.
- All tasks are continually evaluated and isolated when possible to one person every 6 feet.
- All hand sanitizers are labeled and kept filled.
- Staff sanitizes all shopping baskets before each order gets picked.
- You’re welcome to bring your reusable bags. Otherwise, fresh paper bags will be used for each customer.
- Staff must wash hands and use hand sanitizer often, especially when entering and leaving the building.
- A member of the sanitation team disinfects all surfaces, including counters, doors, phones, and bathroom, on an hourly basis and initials a checklist when complete.
- At night all surfaces are sanitized with CDC-approved cleaner, floors are mopped, and phones and computers are sanitized.
- Each employee is required to take their own temperature at the start of shifts and record that information in a log. Thermometers are available at the staff entrance.
- The Garden Center is open for customer shopping. Customers are required to wear masks and sanitize hands before entering the Garden Center.
- If a staff member does not feel well, they are required to LEAVE THE PREMISES and stay home following all CDC guidelines. If a staff member tests positive for COVID-19, they are required to self-quarantine for 14 days and all employees who worked in close proximity to that staff member also must self-quarantine for 14 days. We will follow all CDC and WHO guidelines.
- We are paying close attention to all state requirements for businesses. If you’re interested, COVID-19 Guidance for Food and Lodging Establishments continues to be updated with current information and resources.