OUR COVID-19 PLAN
Steps we’re taking to protect you and our staff
Updated on July 29
The same values that have guided us over the past 29 years continue to light the way as we navigate the COVID-19 crisis. We remain committed to:
- Protecting, in whatever ways we can, the health and safety of our customers, staff, and greater community.
- Supporting our employees.
- Continuing to provide essential goods, like groceries and produce, to our community.
Since the onset of the COVID-19 crisis, we have continued to make changes to operating procedures based upon new information and recommendations from state and federal agencies. We will continue to do so. Please keep an eye to this page for future updates.
- On Tuesday, June 9, we reopened for customer shopping. For everyone’s safety, we’re limiting the number of customers in the store at a time. At this time we can only accommodate one household member at a time.
- Plexiglass dividers have been constructed along the deli counter and in the checkout area, as added protection for customers and staff.
- We are limiting shopping to 2 shoppers per party during busy times of the day. Please be ready to limit your party.
- We ask that you make your visit as speedy as possible to allow your neighbors to enjoy the market, too.
- Queuing will take place outside the front door. Please look for a WFM greeter and clear markers that will show where to stand while you wait to enter.
- We ask that customers remain 6 feet apart from others at all times, whether waiting in line or shopping in the store. Look for the bright yellow floor decals at our store checkout as a reminder. You’ll notice bright blue masking and distancing reminders, too.
- All shoppers, employees, and vendors are required to wear a mask or face covering while in the store and Garden Center. If you forget to bring a mask, we have masks available at the door.
- We’re requiring all customers to use hand sanitizer before entering the store. This will be available at our safety & sanitation station outside the front doors. You will not be able to enter the store without doing this.
- Every basket and cart will be sanitized by a member of our sanitation team before use.
- We will be sanitizing all surfaces inside the store, including the registers and coffee station, regularly throughout the day.
- We ask that you only touch the items you’re planning to buy.
Behind the scenes, we will continue to follow all CDC and Vermont Department of Health guidelines.
- All staff must complete a VOSHA training on health and safety requirements.
- All Farmers’ Curbside runners and pickers, cashiers, and meat & fish staff are required to wear gloves.
- Staff are required to social distance 6-feet apart when eating lunch in the break area.
- No congregation of staff allowed; when huddling for impromptu meetings, staff must stand 6 feet apart.
- No open samples of food allowed in the public areas.
- All tasks are continually evaluated and isolated when possible to one person every 6 feet.
- All hand sanitizers are labeled and kept filled.
- Staff sanitizes all shopping baskets before each order gets picked.
- You’re welcome to bring your reusable bags. Otherwise, fresh paper bags will be used for each customer.
- Staff must wash hands and use hand sanitizer often, especially when entering and leaving the building.
- A member of the sanitation team disinfects all surfaces, including counters, doors, phones, and bathroom, on an hourly basis and initials a checklist when complete.
- At night all surfaces are sanitized with CDC-approved cleaner, floors are mopped, and phones and computers are sanitized.
- Each employee is required to take their own temperature at the start of shifts and record that information in a log. Thermometers are available at the staff entrance.
- Garden Center is open with 10 people max, including staff. Customers are required to wear masks and sanitize hands when visiting the Garden Center.
- If a staff member does not feel well, they are required to LEAVE THE PREMISES and stay home following all CDC guidelines. If a staff member tests positive for COVID-19, they are required to self-quarantine for 14 days and all employees who worked in close proximity to that staff member also must self-quarantine for 14 days. We will follow all CDC and WHO guidelines.
- We are paying close attention to all state requirements for businesses. If you’re interested, COVID-19 Guidance for Food and Lodging Establishments continues to be updated with current information and resources.